Public Works FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I contact Public Works?
The Public Works Department is located at 6725 Wayne Ave. The department  is open from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. We can be reached at 856 663-0178 or by email at:

How often is my trash collected?
Trash is collected once a week. Your trash collection day is the same as you recyclable collection day.

Do I have to separate my recyclables? 
No you do not. Pennsauken participates in what is called “single stream recycling”. All recyclable material may be placed in your yellow recyclable bucket.

How do I get a new recycling bucket?
Bring your damaged bucket to Public Works (6725 Wayne Ave.) and it will be replaced. If you are a new resident, you may come to the Public Works Department at 6725 Wayne Ave. and upon showing proof of residence you will be given a recycling bucket.

When will my street be cleaned?
All streets in every neighborhood are swept during the spring summer and early fall months. There is no set schedule for street sweeping.

When will my street be plowed?
Snow plowing begins as soon as possible in order to keep the removal process manageable. The roads are salted as needed and plowed as often as needed depending on the size of the event. It is best to place your car off the street in your driveway. If this is not possible please speak with you neighbors and agree to park on one side of the street. This will allow for more efficient plowing. The primary goal is to provide access for emergency vehicles.

When will my leaves be collected?
Residents are encouraged to bag their leaves for collection by our waste removal contractor. Yard debris including leaves will be picked up throughout the year if placed in bags weighing less than 50 lbs. Yard debris is collected every Wednesday. During Leaf Collection Season every area is swept clean of leaves at least once prior to December 31.

Do you remove abandoned cars?
Abandoned cars on the street are under jurisdiction of the Pennsauken Police (856 488-0088). Abandoned cars off street are under the jurisdiction of Code Enforcement (856 665-1000 Ext. 134).

For more information on trash and recycling services, click here.