- What Department Do I Need?
- About Our Township
- Mayor & Township Committee
- Boards & Committees
- Board of Education
- Environmental Commission
- Griffith Morgan Committee
- Historical Society
- Library Board of Trustees
- Merchantville Pennsauken Water Commission
- Pennsauken Green Team
- Pennsauken Sewerage Authority
- Pennsauken Youth Athletic Committee (PYAA)
- Planning Board
- Rent Stabilization Board
- Shade Tree Commission
- Town Watch
- Youth Action Committee
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Trash Collection & Recycling
- Open Public Records Act
- Public Safety & Emergency Services
- Report A Concern
- Paying Your Taxes
- Code Book
- Municipal Budget
- Pennsauken Library
- Pennsauken Country Club
- Photo Galleries
Police - Home
Residents can now get Pennsauken-related public safety updates using Nixle. Simply fill in this form with either your cell phone number and/or e-mail address to get information in real-time.
Pennsauken Police Department would like to congratulate the recent promotions of:
CAPTAIN MICHAEL PROBASCO
LIEUTENANT SCOTT GEHRING
Class II Special Police Officer
PTC cert. as SLEO II (or waiver eligible). No obligations under NJSA 40A:14-178. High School graduate or equivalent. Must be able to pass comprehensive background check and drug screen.
Class I Special Police Officer
PTC cert. as SLEO I (or waiver eligible). Must be able to pass comprehensive background check and drug screen. High School graduate or equivalent.
The Police Pre-Employment Background Form/Application must be completed and submitted as part of the application process. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applications can be mailed to: Pennsauken Police Recruitment Division, 2400 Bethel Avenue, Pennsauken NJ 08109
Questions? Contact Lieutenant Scott Gehring (856) 488-0080 ext. 2106.
“ The mission of the Pennsauken Police Department is to commit its resources in partnership with the community to promote a safe and secure environment, free from crime, while preserving peace and enhancing the quality of life. We will practice our core values of integrity, respect, service, and fairness. Integrity is the hallmark of the Pennsauken Police Dept. and we are committed to the highest degree of performance standards, ethical conduct and truthfulness in all of our actions.
We hold ourselves accountable for these actions and take pride in a professional level of service to all of our citizens as well as those who visit or travel through our community. We hold a position that demands an unparalleled degree of public trust, which must never be compromised.
We will treat all persons in a dignified and courteous manner, and exhibit an understanding of ethnic and cultural diversity, both in our professional & personal endeavors. In the performance of our duties, we will uphold the principles and values embodied in the Constitution of the United States and the State of New Jersey.
We will provide quality service in an expeditious, efficient and accessible manner while fostering community and employee involvement through problem solving partnerships.
We will strive to recruit and retain the highest quality employees and provide them with the proper supervision, guidance and training as well as personal recognition, because they are our most valuable assets in attaining our goals. We will treat our fellow employees and our work environment with dignity and respect. We will meet the challenges of the future through careful planning, involvement in community based social and educational programs, incorporation of technological advances, improved training, and the prudent management of personnel and resources.”
- WE RESPECT LIFE… We hold the preservation of life as our sacred duty. Our value of human life sets our priorities.
- WE REVERE THE TRUTH… We will pursue truth, honesty and justice with vigor. We will accept nothing less in our organization.
- WE DEMONSTRATE INTEGRITY… We value organizational and personal integrity which is essential to the success of our department. Anything less is unacceptable.
- WE PRIZE LOYALTY… We value personal commitment and loyalty as essential to the best interest of public safety and professional law enforcement. Loyalty is the foundation upon which trust is built within our department and the community we serve.
- WE ARE COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE… We will encourage and support our members in their efforts to achieve the highest professional and ethical standards and quality of service to the public.
- WE CONDUCT OURSELVES WITH DIGNITY… We recognize that our personal conduct, both on and off duty, is inseparable from the professional reputation of both the officer and the department.
- WE HONOR OUR POLICE POWERS… We understand that our police powers are derived from the people we serve. We do not tolerate the abuse of our police authority.
- WE ENFORCE THE LAW… We recognize that our basic responsibility is to enforce the law of the land for the general good, while respecting the rights and dignity of each individual, regardless of race, creed, color and sex. Our role is to resolve problems through the law, not to judge and punish. We will use only that amount of force necessary.
- WE SEEK COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP… We view the people of our community as partners who deserve our concern, care and attention. We are committed to reducing the fear of crime in our community, and we endeavor to do this by creating partnerships in our neighborhoods.
- WE STRIVE TO IMPROVE… We can never be satisfied with the status quo. We must aim for continuous improvement in serving the public in an ever-changing society.
- WE VALUE COURAGE… We realize that both physical and moral courage are essential if we are to live the values we believe in.